PDA

توجه ! این یک نسخه آرشیو شده میباشد و در این حالت شما عکسی را مشاهده نمیکنید برای مشاهده کامل متن و عکسها بر روی لینک مقابل کلیک کنید : Ziba Shirazi

Leon
Sunday 11 November 2007, 09:15 AM
A confessed “free spirit” Ziba Shirazi has set out to change the world through her art. She is beautiful singer, an avid poet, and an influential writer who with her lyrics and words has captured audiences world wide.

Ziba was born and in Iran and came to the United Stated in 1986. Since her arrival here, she has released several labels of soothing and avant garde music, distinguishing herself considerably from any singer/songwriter in Iranian music history.

You can see links before reply

We had a chance to talk with her recently:

What made you decide to get into the art world and music?

Ziba Shirazi: As a kid I never pictured myself as a housewife, or even a wife. I always saw myself of stage or on screen acting, not even singing!

On the other hand I grew up with music, my father used to sing and all my father's siblings were into music.

I started to write poetry in my teenage years, and when I learn a little bit of guitar I started to mix my lyrics with my own music, and here I am now!

I see it more as an inspiration, and blessing from God who gave me the ability to express myself through music.

SR: Where do you find inspiration?

ZS: As I talk to my friends, or when I listen to people’s conversations, sometimes by watching movies.

I write about the subjects that touch my heart and my soul, that is when I really feel I want to write about something and that is when the whole creative process really starts.

SR: Who are some of your role models in music and outside?

ZS: Most Jazz musicians and artists I find very inspirational and they are really role models. These would be greats such as Diana Krall, and Norah jones and of course so many more.

SR: You also write poetry. What are the themes and messages behind your writing?

ZS: I gave a talk here in Los Angeles, about my poetry and music recently. The explanation behind is quite extensive.

This link will give you the whole idea behind my poetry.

SR: What is your next project?

ZS: I would like very much to re-do some of my old songs in a jazz version that is more in tune with the jazz sounds I have been working on.

I am thinking about bringing Persian instruments and then mixing them with a Jazz ensemble for my next album.

SR: Desert Island Three things. What will you take?

ZS: My guitar, my Poetry notebook, Pen

Born In: Tehran

Favorite Color: Yellow / Black

Favorite City: Seattle

Favorite Dish: Khoresh Karafs

Language: Persian / English

Currently Reading: We're In Trouble by Christopher Coake

For more on Ziba Shirazi and her music, go to You can see links before reply (You can see links before reply).